Principal Architect with 15+ years’ experience with expertise in Enterprise and Solutions Architecture.
I love to dig into company strategy and deliver solutions with enterprise technology. I innovate, architect, and connect our product portfolios to work that provides measurable value. To get this done I partner with the right leadership, bring together the right people, lead through change to deliver innovations and realizable return.
I can successfully interpret, collaborate, prioritize, and articulate customer strategy across multi-million dollar IT investments towards profitability:
– Organized, focused, and driving purpose driven activities are the center of my success
– I will work to develop a trusted partnership, delivering value through the voice of the customer
– I will go the extra mile and follow through with the right people to gain alignment towards progress
– Though my instinct is focused I will review data and seek for guidance for my decisions
I can align, lead, and grow world-class IT teams from 10 to 200+ people:
– I love to lead and succeed, but working with teams brings me immense gratification
– I am a great translator and facilitator between technical and business communications
– I am a culture ambassador and proponent of change advocates with demonstrated experience
– People matter to me, and fostering openness with a growth mindset makes all the difference
I am an open book, continuing to write on the pages of what i fail and succeed in every day:
– Failing forward and failing fast matters, learn from it and do not waste a learning moment
– I lead and collaborate in a laid back, listen first approach, always wanting to understand
– Mentoring, coaching and focus are what I instill in my employees every single day
I love networking with new people across the organization, other companies, and within the broader communities as a learner, collaborator, and leader. Reach out if you want to know more about enterprise architecture, IT strategy, IT governance, software development or music.
Enterprise Architecture | Project Management | Software Design | Portfolio Strategy | Team Development | Product Development | Product Roadmap | Cloud and SaaS | Enterprise Integrations | Client Partnering | Product Management | Strategic Planning | Agile Development
Enterprise Architecture Software | IT Financial Management Software | Cloud Platforms | Integrations Software | Identity and Access Management Software | Digital Marketing Software | Employee Mentoring and Coaching | Enterprise Software
Cloud Technologies: AWS Cloud (API Gateway, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, EC2, Glue, GuardDuty, IAM, Lambda, MWAA, Organizations, RDS, RedShift, Route 53, S3, Secrets Manager, Step Functions, VPC, Workspaces), Azure Cloud (Active Directory, Batch, Cost Management, Load Balancer, Security Center, DevOps, IAM, SQL Database), Google Cloud (APIs, Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager).
Data Technologies / Databases / NoSQL: Crystal Reports, Microstrategy, MongoDB, Oracle, Snowflake, SQL Server, Tableau.
Development Tools: Atlassian (Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA), Blazemeter, BrowserStack, Cloudability, EasyRedir, Git, Hedgehog TDS, LucidChart, Pingdom, Postman, SVN (Visual & Tortoise), TFS.
Other Platforms: Apache, Blueworks, Box, Brightcove, Calendly, ClickDimensions, Dreamweaver, Formstack, Hubspot, Informatica, Jitterbit, Linux, Marketo, Microsoft (Active Directory, ADFS, CRM, Exchange, IIS, LDAP, Office 365, Project, SharePoint, Teams), Okta, OpenText Hummingbird, Pluralsight, Proforms, Sitecore, Sitecore Rocks, SmartDocs, Smartsheet, Solarwinds, TextUs, WatchDox, Windows, WordPress, WP Engine.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification (Certified 09/2022, Expiration 09/2025)
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate Certification (Certified 11/2022, Expiration 11/2025)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification (Certified 12/2021, Expiration 09/2025)
- Additional Courses:
- AWS Cloud Economics Certification (06/2022)
- Security Engineering on AWS (11/2021)
- Architecting on AWS (08/2021)
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (10/2020)
- Developing on AWS (05/2016)
- AWS Technical Essentials (05/2016)
- Sitecore Certified Professional Developer (06/2015)
Wavicle Data Solutions
Principal Architect, Solutions Engineering
January 2023 – Current, Knoxville, TN (Remote)
Domain: Cloud Services, Data & Analytics, Enterprise Architecture
– Leads and provides advanced enterprise architecture and engineering expertise for projects that enable analytics to drive optimization of decisions for client(s), within a team of engineers.
– Designs new methods and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness of client data.
– Partners with data analysts/scientists to provide solutions enabling statistical analysis tools and data visualization applications.
– Identifies processes and tools that can be shifted towards automation to enable seamless development and self-service analytics workloads.
– Partners with various business units and data stewards to understand the business needs.
– Obtains and/or maintains technical expertise of available data manipulation and preparation tools (Talend, Informatica, Matillion, etc.) as well as programming languages (Python, Spark, EMR, etc.).
– Ensures data is secure, relevant, and maintains high quality standards.
– Identifies and implements industry best practices.
– Evaluates new data sets to determine appropriate ingestion techniques.
– Builds, manages and optimizes data pipelines through a variety of ETL tools, including custom infrastructure and 3rd-party tooling (AWS, GCP, Databricks, Snowflake).
– Works with internal engineering teams and vendors to understand business logic to ensure veracity in datasets.
– Generates documentation on existing production data logic and its influencing business processes, in order to reconcile knowledge gaps between the business, engineering, and data collection.
Amazon Web Services
Leader, Solutions Architecture, Enterprise Engaged Accounts (TN)
May 2022 – January 2023, Knoxville, TN (Remote)
Domain: Cloud Services
As a key member of the business development and account management teams, ensured success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform. In partnership with the account management team, formulated and executed a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS. Hired, on-boarded, trained, and developed new Solutions Architects. Coached Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they could transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS. Captured and shared best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community. Guided and motivated the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices. Acted as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
– Completed AWS Cloud Practitioner, Solution Architect Associate, SysOps Admin Certifications.
– Developed and presented narratives outlining the district strategies for 20+ accounts in the TN area.
– Completed coaching and mentoring during the performance cycle for team of 6 employees.
– Conducted and contributed to virtual and on-site customer meetings through Quarterly and Monthly Business Reviews, Office Hours, Executive Business Conversations, and ad-hoc sessions.
– Completed focused training on business writing, public speaking, executive conversations, and working backwards from customer needs.
– Completed Solution Architect Manager onboarding program, consisting of multiple peer and role play scenario presentations and content curation.
Executive Director, Enterprise Architecture & Project Management
February 2017 – May 2022, Knoxville, TN (Hybrid)
Domain: Healthcare / Staffing Recruitment / Education
Enterprise Information & Technology
Led Enterprise Architecture and the Project Management Office with 20 employees (11 direct, 9 indirect). Financial advisor to compile and aggregate our project investment budgets, operational and capital software budgets, and internal and external labor budgets across a multi-million-dollar portfolio. Advised the office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and served as Enterprise Architect and Strategy leader to the IT Leadership team. Directed leadership and management over enterprise architecture, business strategy, and IT governance. Strategic Business Partner to the Strategic Resource Group (Marketing, Recruitment, and Business Development).
- Established the Enterprise Architecture team from the ground up, expanding to 10 roles in Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Platform Architecture, User Experience, and Innovation.
- Led and updated strategic communities of practice / centers of excellence around User Experience, Innovation, Change Advisory Board, Platform and Application Modernization, and Architecture Review Board.
- Led Project Management Office to provide standards and best practices in Portfolio and Project Management (Waterfall and Agile).
- Led the standup and upkeep of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and Google).
- Was Product Owner of 40+ systems, as well as Application Inventory lead (with implementation to an Enterprise Architecture platform).
- Was IT Portfolio Steward that highlights and reports on IT’s portfolio of project schedules, resources, budget, and status.
- Designed a company-wide mobile app consolidating multiple intranets/solutions around chat, social feeds, and embedded apps for employees (21K+) and invited guests.
- Co-led consolidation of multiple enterprise file sharing systems (4+) and document storage locations into a single consolidated solution (realized a savings of 150K+).
- Integrated a Marketing Automation Platform (Marketo) that is fully integrated into Microsoft CRM via Scribe Online, driving to an increased 12-15% percentage of leads measured YOY.
- Led consolidation of all on premise DNS redirects (150+) from an internal non-HA infrastructure into a configurable SaaS with SSL support, (5K+ savings YOY + AWS SLA).
- Led a 2+ year initiative that consolidated 30+ websites to a managed services CMS platform, reducing YOY cost of refresh and rebuilds from $1.5M to $150K residually.
Systems Architect & IT Manager, Systems Engineering
July 2016 – February 2017, Knoxville, TN (On-Site)
Systems Architect, Technical Lead and Solution Delivery partner (leading a team of 5) providing architectural guidance, strategy, and best practice implementation for end-to-end delivery. Developed, configured and deployed multiple solutions in support of Business Development, Recruitment, Human Resources, Client Services, Application Development, Information Security and Digital Infrastructure.
- Contributed to delivery of a companywide SSO standardization/ implementation (Okta) that included the initial configuration and integration of 10+ applications.
- Strategized with our business and systems teams to convert, migrate and retire various systems and applications from dated architecture (50+ servers + apps).
- Replaced dated CRM/Website systems with modern SaaS based implementations projected to increase the revenue of business development and recruitment teams.
- Built eStore solution for merchandise ordering with integrated tiered workflow approval.
- Offered a complete rebrand/rework on the company’s flagship website.
- Led implementation and upgrade of dated SharePoint systems to current versions.
- Consolidated multiple software solutions for user service support toolsets (PW reset, account lookup, database consolidation) to an easy-to-use application for the Client Services team.
- Rolled-out agile development best practices with source control, task management (project management tools) and software documentation (Wikis/ Client Support Docs).
Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering
April 2014 – July 2016, Knoxville, TN (On-Site)
As technical lead delivered the end-to-end custom & OTS web and software applications, as well as customized third-party technologies across various software platforms and user authentication domains. Produced documentation of implementation as well as conveying that information to our end-support teams.
- Managed 7 on-premises single and multi-site Sitecore platforms (6.5 & 8.0).
- Delivered as technical lead the creation and customization of user, workflow and site/page security.
- Provisioned web forms and MVC based Sitecore instances.
- Delivered key integrations with Sitecore analytics, MongoDB, and Google Analytics.
- Integrated source control with Team Foundation Server; Sitecore Rocks and Hedgehog TDS.
- Acquired Sitecore Developer Certification.
- Administered/deployed web applications, software installs/patches, 3rd party products, and various modifications for all IIS/Apache web servers for companies with servers across multiple domains.
- Development and customization of SharePoint (2007/2010/2013) web parts, pages, administrative timer jobs, workflows and web/WCF services for data integration; Experience with CSOM and JSOM.
- Developed and delivered web, forms based, and console applications to user support specialists as tools for searching and modifying user data in MS SQL, Oracle & LDAP.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) – (UT – Battelle)
Senior Developer, US ITER
February 2013 – April 2014, Oak Ridge, TN (On-Site)
Domain: Government / Nuclear Research
Information Services Technology Department
Provides full-stack technical delivery and maintenance services for web application projects related to the government sector. Was responsible for the project application development, maintenance, testing and on-going support of enterprise level solutions that had expanded collaboration across multiple countries.
- Collaborated and developed against a complex Visual Studio solution (70+ Integrated & Embedded applications) with custom document management/ workflow system in support of the ITER headquarters in Cadarache, France.
- Was migration team leader that successfully migrated 18,000+ documents from a OpenText Hummingbird (eDocs) system to a custom ASP.NET (VB) dynamically driven application (iDocs).
- Led successful implementation of the U.S. based migration to and deployment of iDocs, a custom document management system with workflow and custom metadata manipulation capabilities.
- Has performed security clearance processes and at least 8+ weeks of foreign travel collaborating with other developers from 5 other countries for training and customization of ITER document management system (iDocs).
Oak Ridge Associated Universities
Web Applications Developer II, Department of Energy
December 2011 – February 2013, Oak Ridge, TN (On-Site)
Domain: Government / Epidemiology Research
Occupational Exposure and Worker Health, Information Technology Division
Provided full-stack delivery as technical lead of front-facing or backend web applications, completed multiple migration projects, updated and provided documentation around deployed solutions & account creation/maintenance practices, implemented processes to attempt to promote a digital paperless environment, and provided support for the software team of various applications and source control for different project initiatives.
- Technical lead in the implementation of updates (responsive design into existing public/internal web pages) for two major U.S. government websites involving data collection applications and reports for the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Established web sites to be in compliance with section 508 web site accessibility guidelines for all pages and forms.
- Performed additional research and development in a related mobile app feasibility study, providing projected timeline, budget, and tasks to be completed.
- Technical lead of the overall full-stack delivery of 5 web applications (medium to large scale) that were migrated from ColdFusion/HTML to ASP.NET.
- Updated .Net applications to perform automatic mail merges of tables of users.
- Converted all data transport operations to be connected with functional calls that connected controls to specific stored procedures & views.
- Introduced legacy and new applications into SVN source control for multi-user editing & branching capability.
Lincoln Memorial University
Programmer Analyst I, Website and Applications Team
July 2008 – December 2011, Harrogate, TN (On-Site)
Domain: Education / Finance / Administration
Provided delivery of client web and system applications (coding, configuration, deployment & facilitation of technical project work), documented requirement specifications, composed user/technician support documentation, handled performance modifications and conducted regular backups, and ensured technical and functional deliveries met provided university goals.
- Served as technical lead for the implementation of SharePoint 2007 faculty/ staff/student portal.
- Served as technical lead for the implementation of synchronizing active directory with the campus information system to fully automate the creation of new accepted students (reducing the amount of work of 6 separate processes and 3 people to none).
- Configured Single Sign-On for email and campus information system in SharePoint through web parts.
- Implemented and integrated third-party software & web parts with Axceler, ControlPoint, and Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague software for purposes of integration with SharePoint.
- Developed paperless admissions online application using InfoPath forms services and configured anonymous access submission via SharePoint (Reducing 6 pages of printing per application, with over 2,200 applications per term).
- Developed and established web and media sites with link relative templates for university-wide accreditation (was distributed multiple times and nationally featured).
- Led and delivered a refreshed version of the public facing university website, inclusive of theme, component and UI/UX coding and configuration.
East Tennessee State University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Concentration in Information Technology
2008, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Board Member, Knox Tech Council (2 years)
- Lead, TeamHealth Architecture Center of Excellence (2 years)
- Sponsor, TeamHealth IT Culture Focus Group (3 years)
- Sponsor, TeamHealth Project Management Community of Practice (2 years)
- Sponsor, TeamHealth IT Innovation Community of Practice (2 years)
- Sponsor, TeamHealth IT User Experience Community of Practice (2 years)
- Co-Chair, TeamHealth IT Change Advocate (2 years)